Week 20- Jay (E-mail to Mom)

Dear Mom,

I had a great week!

Mom, Seattle is only 3 hours away. Or if you drive like you drove to the Seattle Temple when Toren was getting married, it will only take you 1 ½ hours. It is always sad to see people go, but they are going to be property people. Joshy? Mom, since when do you call Brother Hartley joshy?

The health department shut down a lemonade stand? That so funny. $1000 how much was the lemonade? $10 dollars a cup or something. Why did they shut it down. I want to see that news story.

Oh yes mom, I am an emotional wreck. That I don’t get to sit in the snow and watch a game I don’t even like. I won't stop crying until the season is over. Melodramatic enough for you.

Mom, the cool doesn’t come in until half way through October in Florida. I don’t know if it will be more or less humid.

We don’t have any investigators and the branch has no service project for us at all. In Fox Run we had 4 every week.

Oh and good news, we got a new washing machine this week. The Beldens found it for us and I gave my first mission talk this week. I gave a talk on the Plan of Salvation. I think it went pretty well. I was so nervous that my legs almost fell off. I was supposed to give a 10 to 15 minute talk but when I gave it and sat down. Elder Jones whispered to me that it was only 4 minutes. But I think it was meant to be because Brother Wiggins was suppose to give a 20 minute talk on the importance of Temples and he took 30 minutes. He is a good speaker and if you want to have a good talk about the gospel, you talk to Dennis Wiggins.
On Sunday, it was Elder Jones' turn to teach the gospel principles class. He didn’t want to and said it was a waste of time and said to cancel the class. Well, you know what, I did instead of fighting with him about it. At the end of PEC President Potter asked if anyone had any questions. So I raised my hand and said, "Ok, I was wondering if you still wanted to have a gospel principles class even though most of them are active members?" He said yes and that some won't people weren't ready for deeper doctrine. There was Elder Jones' answer right there. I know Elder Jones was afraid of teaching, even though he wouldn't admit it, so being the bigger person I taught the class.
We had to go to lunch at the Taylors this week, without Brother or Sister Taylor being there. It only was their son Paul Jr. who got in a crash 14 years ago. The thing that eggs me off about it is the doctors said if he works at it he can be normal, for the most part, walk and talk normal. He chooses not to change. So he is almost impossible to understand when he talks. He tries to tell us a story. He just said the same sentence 5 times and the story was over. Now to be fair, he has a short term memory loss problem that he can't help. Lunches like that are always awkward.
But guess what Elder Jones and I get to do on Friday? We get to go to Tallahassee, to the mission office. Elder Jones has to take some placement tests for college. So it's things like this that can make life interesting.

Oh, I showed a picture of the family to Marquita and I pointed at you and mom and said these are my parents. She looked shocked and said those are your parents, they look so young. I didn’t know what to say too that and so I just said thank you.
So have you found out if my memory card has been sent to me yet and if not have you sent it yet?
Elder Forsberg