Week 20- Jay (E-mail to Dad)

Dear Dad,

Yes, there has been talk actually. President Jensen said he tried to get the whole mission tickets. But it failed. I think him and his wife are going and maybe who is in that area at the time. I won't go if I could avoid it but you know me, I don’t like football.

Dad, you have to remember Brian Franzen. He is the guy I always said didn’t come prepared for class and didn’t participate when I came home from missionary prep class. So, it is no surprise to me that he has not sent in his papers yet. I hope he gets his act together. Oh, and a suggestion for Bryce, get a bug spray high in deet.

Wait, hold the phone. Toren blessed Austin in your ward? Why didn’t he do it in his ward? I am glad to Toren's missionaries got to come. When you are a missionary it is the special things like that that brighten your day because you get into a boring old schedule. But guess what? Elder Jones and I get to do on Friday? We get to go to Tallahassee to the mission office because Elder Jones has to take some placement tests for college. So, it's things like that that can make life interesting. I thought the Gailey's were going to be in Hong Kong for 5 years. Or has it been that already. I don’t think so, but maybe.

Dad if you and mom are going up to Pullman who is staying with kalen unless Mallory and Brent are still there?

Actually Marquita’s family is getting interested in the church. It's slow but it's working. I am becoming more fluent in southern. Elder Jones goes home on the 18th of August. I know most the members and how the branch works. Just hope my new companion has a GPS because I have know clue where I am going.

I am been out for 4 months now and I still don’t have a plaque? How do you not have a picture of me? Ok, ask Mallory to look through my profile on myspace and facebook, but I will send one home. My favorite scripture is Mosiah 2:17. But look it up. It might be 16, it’s the one that says when you are in the service of your fellow beings you are you the service of God. It's 16 or 17.

Oh and good news, we got a new washing machine this week. The Beldens found it for us and I gave my first mission talk this week. I gave a talk on the Plan of Salvation. I think it went pretty well. I was so nervous that my legs almost fell off. I was supposed to give a 10 to 15 minute talk but when I gave it and sat down. Elder Jones whispered to me that it was only 4 minutes. But I think it was meant to be because Brother Wiggins was suppose to give a 20 minute talk on the importance of Temples and he took 30 minutes. He is a good speaker and if you want to have a good talk about the gospel, you talk to Dennis Wiggins.
On Sunday, it was Elder Jones' turn to teach the gospel principles class. He didn’t want to and said it was a waste of time and said to cancel the class. Well, you know what, I did instead of fighting with him about it. At the end of PEC President Potter asked if anyone had any questions. So I raised my hand and said, "Ok, I was wondering if you still wanted to have a gospel principles class even though most of them are active members?" He said yes and that some won't people weren't ready for deeper doctrine. There was Elder Jones' answer right there. I know Elder Jones was afraid of teaching, even though he wouldn't admit it, so being the bigger person I taught the class.
We had to go to lunch at the Taylors this week, without Brother or Sister Taylor being there. It only was their son Paul Jr. who got in a crash 14 years ago. The thing that eggs me off about it is the doctors said if he works at it he can be normal, for the most part, walk and talk normal. He chooses not to change. So he is almost impossible to understand when he talks. He tries to tell us a story. He just said the same sentence 5 times and the story was over. Now to be fair, he has a short term memory loss problem that he can't help. Lunches like that are always awkward.
Oh, I showed a picture of the family to Marquita and I pointed at you and mom and said these are my parents. She looked shocked and said those are your parents, they look so young. I didn’t know what to say too that and so I just said thank you.

So have you found out if my memory card has been sent to me yet and if not have you sent it yet?

Elder Forsberg