Week 19- Jay (E-mail to Barnett's)

Dear Maren,

Well, Happy Anniversary. Maren when did you be come so athletic? Does Blake not watch the kids as much as you do? Maren, I always think it is so funny that you and Blake are the same as mom and dad, who was mostly an at home mom and who was out doing work and church thing dad. But I think mom has watched us so much because dad lost everyone of us at some point. But then again, mom wasn’t as athletic as you are now.

Braden is becoming more sassy? Which side does that come from, the Forsberg or Barnett side? What do you mean he is saying he doesn't like your attitude? What do you say when you tell him no? Or is it just random. Watch out Maren, tantrums are just around the counter.

Oh, thank you for the pictures. And you were wearing green. No problem, I have to deal with a lot of complexes. I showed Marquita our family pictures and she said that your kids were cute and Brody looks like me. What do you think? Don’t worry Maren, he will grow into it. (Referring to Brody's big head.)

No, I haven’t gotten a memory card yet. It's either lost in the mail, at the mission office, or mom lost it at the house and thought she put it in a package. Maybe it is on its way right now.

The baptism was really good. She was nervous, but it went well. Her expressions were like they always are, calm and fun. The baptismal room is really small, so most of the service was held in the Relief Society room. She was so excited to be baptized. Anything that could go wrong did. The copier was not working, so we had to go to the UPS store and pay for the programs but it was fine. I finally got to meet her boyfriend Luke and it was fun. Then we went over there that night. She told us that almost everyone loved it. Her mom wants to be active again, so we are kind of teaching her family right now. When we teach Marquita they will stay in the room and listen. They won't really ask question but you got to crawl before you can walk I guess.

The sweetest thing was she told us she was getting at subway with her mom and her mom looked at her and started crying. When she asked why she was sad, she said that she just looked so clean and beautiful. Then on Sunday I got to confirm her a member of the church and I only got tongue tied a little bit and it was in the blessing part so I didn’t have to start over or anything. If President Potter will let her, she will bear her testimony for the first time next Sunday so her dad, who is RLDS, can hear it. It is so great. The family really seems interested in the church.

Zone conference is every month. But we only focus on the doctrine every 3 months. That’s the way the church wants it.

Well, that depends on want you mean by write. Brother Thompson writes me but he was my mission prep teacher. And Bishop Kerr writes me but he is the Bishop. Besides that, no.

What are you talking about an Evans song like a song about the Evans family? Did the Carters have a song of them. That's weird. They told me they were weird but they didn’t go into detail.

This months alone we drove 1736 miles.

This week we had a trade off with the Milton elders. I went over to Milton while Elder Adam went over to Jay. I had so much fun there. Milton shares an apartment with Pace (the zone leaders). So I actually got to talk to people and not feel like I have been exiled to Jay. Most of the felling we saw treated me like I wasn’t even there. But it was still fun.

Every Sunday we go over to the Anderson's for dinner and they live in Pace, so the Potter's also live in Pace. They come over too. Those dinners are always awkward because again, they somewhat ignore you. The Potters and the Anderson are really good friends. Even when you try to be a part of the conversation, it feels like they kick you out of it or something. Then their daughter Jordan and her friend Jessica put on this little game show called the J and J show. She asked us if we wanted to play. But we were kind of pushed into it, so it was fine. All it was is riddles. Which I did pretty good at. And word scrambles. I have trouble spelling words normally. I can't really re-arrange letters in my head. Everyone around us kept on saying I know, I know. But Elder Jones and I were the only ones allowed to answer. They would only really give you 2 minutes. Then half way through the game Sister Anderson said maybe we should stop, the Elders aren’t being good sports about it. We will let you pick the game next time. Then everyone started in with oh why, everyone loves this game it every ones favorite game. So because I was feeling like they were saying, oh thanks for messing with our fun and felt like I was being grilled on stupid facts. I don’t think they tried to make us feel this way but still. So my suggestion to you is the missionaries do not come over to your house to be grilled on stuff that's not related to the gospel and make them feel uncomfortable.

Thing are picking up in Jay, but just a little bit. Not in the good way. We now have an investigator in the Stixs of Brewton, which is far and we have an investigator who is only free one hour a week on Monday at 4, which is in our P-day. And of course she is a single sister, so we have to bring another brother with us and most people don’t get off of work until five. And to make matters worse our laundry time is cut back because we do it at a members house so we only really have time for 3 loads between the 2 of us, which ok, but this really sucks. Now I am ranting. So I will let you go.

Elder Forsberg