Week 20- Jay (E-mail to Barnett's)

Dear Maren,

Maren you are not a little crazy, you are way crazy. Why would you want to run for fun and how did you get the kidlets to sit still for 12 miles? I bet if you were down here in the heat and humidity you would be singing a different tune. But yeah, I am glad you are having fun and plus you are so skinny. No one would know you had a baby in February.

So Brody does look like me? Hopefully he won't have the same problems as I do. Maren, I have been praying for Brody's recovery since I entered the MTC. Braden said the prayer? That is so cute. What did he say about me? Did he call my Uncle Blair or Elder Forsberg? Maren, rest a sure that Braden is a Forsberg because he thanks Heavenly Father for his pillow, which means he likes to sleep. Forsberg's like to sleep. For example, Mallory has a pillow and you have a blanket.

Mom and Dad might of lost it (memory card). But the rules don’t change. I need to get a memory card to give a memory card.

Marquita's father was unable to go to sacrament meeting this Sunday so no (she didn't bear her testimony). We are teaching her family, a little bit. Marquita is excited about the gospel so she can be a little over bearing sometimes. I know I have probably not told you this before, but Marquita is pregnant with a baby girl. So that is exciting. She asks questions like, will Gabrielle be accepted? But she is a mom so she worries. She is going to name her baby girl Gracie. So it will be Gabrielle and Gracie.

Milton is about 45 minutes away from Jay. Well, we did a trade off, a transfer is different. In Jay you have bad phone reception and all you have is your companion. In Milton, well, Milton and Pace share an apartment so there are more elders to talk to. In Jay, most of the time, you only have your companion. So if you are annoyed with your companion, you have no one. The elders talked to me. But the families we went to see didn’t really talk to me all that much.

So you talk about me to your missionaries? And they brought an investigator, plus you read Alma chapter 32? Reading up on faith are we, very good. We visit less active members a lot sometimes.

Oh and good news, we got a new washing machine this week. The Beldens found it for us and I gave my first mission talk this week. I gave a talk on the Plan of Salvation. I think it went pretty well. I was so nervous that my legs almost fell off. I was supposed to give a 10 to 15 minute talk but when I gave it and sat down. Elder Jones whispered to me that it was only 4 minutes. But I think it was meant to be because Brother Wiggins was suppose to give a 20 minute talk on the importance of Temples and he took 30 minutes. He is a good speaker and if you want to have a good talk about the gospel, you talk to Dennis Wiggins.

On Sunday, it was Elder Jones' turn to teach the gospel principles class. He didn’t want to and said it was a waste of time and said to cancel the class. Well, you know what, I did instead of fighting with him about it. At the end of PEC President Potter asked if anyone had any questions. So I raised my hand and said, "Ok, I was wondering if you still wanted to have a gospel principles class even though most of them are active members?" He said yes and that some won't people weren't ready for deeper doctrine. There was Elder Jones' answer right there. I know Elder Jones was afraid of teaching, even though he wouldn't admit it, so being the bigger person I taught the class.

We had to go to lunch at the Taylors this week, without Brother or Sister Taylor being there. It only was their son Paul Jr. who got in a crash 14 years ago. The thing that eggs me off about it is the doctors said if he works at it he can be normal, for the most part, walk and talk normal. He chooses not to change. So he is almost impossible to understand when he talks. He tries to tell us a story. He just said the same sentence 5 times and the story was over. Now to be fair, he has a short term memory loss problem that he can't help. Lunches like that are always awkward.

But guess what Elder Jones and I get to do on Friday? We get to go to Tallahassee, to the mission office. Elder Jones has to take some placement tests for college. So it's things like this that can make life interesting.

Elder Forsberg