Week 5- Pensacola (E-mail to Mom & Dad)

Dear Dad,

I am working on cleaning my apartment and I can change. I am cleaner than my companion. The weather here is weird because it can be 80 degrees outside but it will rain and not cool down. It rains hard here, like get soaked in 3 minutes or less hard.

I would write Bishop May but I don't have his address. Of course everyone wants to take credit, but apparently people watch a lot of hockey down here because everyone thinks I am related to Peter Forsberg. My apartment is the smallest in the zone. Everyone else has a big or a bigger apartment. Zone Conference is coming up soon and President Summerhays wants us to read the April 2010 General Conference addresses, all five sessions. Yeah, like that's going to happen. I can barely stay focused enough for Preach My Gospel.

Never move down to Florida because the streets are messed up. They don't really change the names they just change the last part. For example, we passed a Candlestick Dr, St, Ave, Pl, and Ct. Not to mention Candle stick Dr, Ln and Way.

I am really missing my music. I have had Wicked stuck in my head for a week now. Dad, guess what! BYU plays Tallahassee in a few weeks, plus I went to Mass. I also went to a day of service down here (neighbor to neighbor) and all the elders from the zone were there and I got to talk to Elder Roberts. I went through the MTC with him. After lunch, they sent us home with so much food, like 23 hot dogs and 18 hamburgers for my district of 4 elders.

Things work a little differently down here in Florida than they do in Oregon. In Oregon you go Home Teaching with your Home Teaching companion. In Florida you go Home Teaching with the missionaries.

Elder Forsberg

Dear Mom,

I didn't see a note from you so I thought I would start one. Thank you for the package but I didn't get any gloves. If you really want to be nice you could get me a GPS, just kidding, that is way to much money. Well, I am good. I pretty much said it all in dad's e-mail. No, I haven't shined my shoes.

Elder Forsberg