Week 3- MTC (Letter to Mom & Dad)

April 12, 2010
Dear Mom and Dad,

Just to warn you, I am pretty PO’d right now, so the first half of this letter will just be venting. I am so annoyed with my companion right now. He takes forever to do anything. I could say let’s go to lunch and he Is not doing anything. We won’t leave for 7 – 10 minutes. On Wednesday, we were doing laundry and we were down there doing laundry. He forgot his towel so we went back to the laundry room, but on the way there, he saw his friends and they wanted to see pictures. So, we went all the way back to the room, which wasn’t far, but still! So, I stood there for 5 minutes while he showed pictures. I can only write letters on Wednesdays, but all my paper was in the laundry room. I am overwhelmed with 2 feelings mostly, 1. The Spirit, and 2. The desire to bang my head against a wall until I black out. The MTC is mostly brick. Ok. It is now safe to read.

So I had a neat thing happen. At the referral center I called a Christian Pastor. She ordered Finding Faith in Christ. I thought she was going to shoot me down, but she didn’t. She saw the movie and she read the Book of Mormon. It was awesome. Oh, I might call on Tuesday either 7 – 8:30 or 1 – 2:30 because I can call in between flights. I might not. It depends on how much phone cards cost. We fly out on Tuesday from Salt Lake City to Atlanta to Tallahassee. So I might call.

I watched all five sessions of conference. I liked the talks, but we had to sit through it all. We could not go to the bathroom which was bad. Oh by the way, the Ecolutions Pen from BIC are really good. It went through the wash and it still writes!

Elder Forsberg