Week 16- Jay (2nd E-mail to Barnett's)

Dear Maren,

I was able to find another computer. So you didn’t like Toy Story 3? Toren loved it. Oh, thank you for the photo album you are sending me. I don’t really like loud fireworks either. Gee Maren, you go on a lot of trips.

Well, I am in Jay now or you can send it to the Mission Office and I can pick it up at Zone Conference on the 22nd. If you send it to the Mission Office, please have it there on the 20th. Mom can give you the address or you can look it up.

Well, what the President told us is that they gave their house to the people and they didn’t plan on moving back. Nope, not a rich President, he was a high school teacher/farmer. Sister Jensen was a preschool teacher. The Zone Conference was all about getting to know the new mission president.

My new companion is Elder Jones. He is going home next transfer. He is a master of different accents, which he constantly slips in and out of from time to time. He is from West Point, Utah. I know, another missionary from Utah, it's unheard of right. Finally, I have a none athletic companion, but he is weirder than I am. Florida is just getting hotter and more humid. But we are in the country (country country, not spaced out city, but country).

President Summerhays hated to send people home. Packard and Hansen's job is to keep him out of trouble. Just think of Elder Cooper as Braden. You are just try to keep him following rules.

Jay is awful. I am not meant to be in a small town. Jay makes Pullman look like Portland. Well, ok it not as awful but still this area has 5 cities and 2 elders to cover it. Not 2 sets just 2. Last Sunday we had 24 people come to church. There is not a store in Jay. EVERYTHING is so far away and we can't even tract in the other area’s city because no one will drive 45 minutes to get to church. I have no idea who the Branch Mission Leader is. He is busy with his job. Well, if the missionaries have something to report but we do things all day and have nothing to show for it.

I don’t like cake with M&M's. I made it for the other elders. I picked off the M&Ms on my piece. Oh Maren, we are teaching a really good investigator in Jay. Her name is Marquita. Don’t let the name fool you, she is white with the black hair. She is getting baptized on the 31st of July. She is engaged to a less active member and this is the good part, she will not settle for a civil marriage she wants to get married in the temple. Plus, she would like to move to Oregon. What did you like about Oregon and what didn’t you like about Oregon?

Maren, I gave you the wrong recipe for cake mix cookies. I forget it, so I will give it to you next week. Does Blake know where Delta, Utah is? That's where President Jensen is from. Oh, did you know every branch building has an automatic piano? You choose the song and just keep pressing one key and it will play any hymn you choose. We are fed a lot. Sometimes we even have lunch appointments. Well, down in the south it's still dinner (lunch called dinner and dinner is called supper) but it takes us 15 minutes to get to them.

So I taught the Sunday school lesson and it went really well. You know when the Holy Ghost is there and everything goes well.

Elder Forsberg

P.S. Elder Jones doesn’t like chocolate. No allergies, he just doesn’t like it. I guess his loss.