Week 15- Pensacola (E-mail to Barnett's)

Dear Maren,

How did you know they were the mission presidents of the Portland and Eugene missions? Were they wearing their tags? Did you talk to them at all? Is President Dyches still over the Portland mission and if you did talk to them, did I come up?

We are suppose to have only hymns. The mission presidents shy away from EFY music, but thank you. Maren, my address is changed so it is now 4065 Hwy 4 Apt A Jay, FL 32565. Yeah, I will tell you how I feel about this transfer later in the letter.

The pillow ties actually work. They are designer ties too. There is nothing wrong with being a part of the Washington Spokane mission. I just thought that Pullman wasn’t a big town and that was the biggest town that was closest to you.

Let me start off by saying Zone Conference DID NOT go the way I wanted it too. The mission office sent out a text saying Zone Conference was changed to a half an hour earlier. It was now starting at 8:30am, but did Fox Run get that text, no! We left our apartment at 8:28 am. Then one of our Zone Leaders called us and asked why we were late. All I could think was, 'Great, the first meeting with the new Mission President, that I will have for the rest of my mission, and I am late for and it’s not even my fault.' So we got there half way through the opening hymn. Then after the opening prayer President and Sister Jensen got up to greet us, which was awkward. He is a really nice person and I think he is going to be a good president. His family is from Dolten, Utah. You might have to ask Blake where it is. It is a really small town in Utah that starts with a “D.” I think it is a 100 miles from Provo. They sold everything before they came out and then gave their house away to a needy family.

So this week has been either hot or rainy. This week we walked 7 miles in 100 degree weather with 75% humidity. It was hot but we waved at every car that passed us.

I am being transferred up to Jay. Jay is the biggest area in this zone but the activity up there only allows for one small branch. Jay is in the country, which means we are going to do a lot of walking in the highest heat of the summer. There is practically nothing up in Jay. They only have one food store that is not that cheap. The missionaries live in a dump of a trailer.

The fourth of July was fun. I forgot to put the Grilleys name on the dinner calendar so we went over for lunch and of course you could tell sister Grilley was a little bitter about it. Then we went over to the Schoovers. They had a family dinner. We played crokay. Brother Schoover (Sr.) really likes getting into those games. Then we went home because Pine Forest was coming over and I had to bake a funfetti cake. I made an American Flag on top by using M&M's.

Elder Packard is being a black ops missionary for the next transfer. A black ops missionary is a missionary who takes problem missionaries. The one he is getting has not been a good missionary from what I hear. To the extent he has went on dates and done other things with girls. He is so bad that Elder Packard is getting another companion to help him. So there will be 2 people to watch this one.

Mike just keeps cancelling to help his friends. So all I really can do is wish the tripheta (tri-fet-a) good luck.

Maren, I have a recipe for you. Take any cake mix then only put one egg (not the suggested 3) in. Mix until you have batter then put something in them like nuts or chocolate chip or something, anything really. Then roll them into cookies and bake them. They should turn into cookies. I didn’t get a recipe, I only saw someone do it. So it might need adjusting. But red velvet with white chocolate chips is good.

Elder Forsberg