Week 16- Jay (E-mail to Barnett's)

Dear Maren,

Jay is huge. It takes us forever to go anywhere when we have an appointment. We cover 5 cities, so we have to drive 30 minutes to get to a dinner appointment. We can't tract the other cities because no one is going to drive 45 minutes to get to church. Yeah, the heat hasn’t been too bad but I don’t know my way around and Elder Jones, my new companion, is going home next transfer. It will suck if I am still here next transfer. Everything is so far away. They is only one apartment complex in Jay. Jay only has a branch which 23 people come to. My new companion is weirder than I am. His name is Elder Jones.

Jay has this one investigator named Marquita. (Don’t let the name fool you, she's white. No person of color lives in Jay. It is a very racist town.) She is really excited about being baptized on the 31st of July. She is all about the gospel now. She asks really good questions. Plus, she wants to get married in the temple and raise her kids in the church.

I taught the Sunday school lesson and it went really well. And to think I only had 2 minutes notice.

I am sorry to have to do this but since you always write me I will have to send you handwritten letters through the mail. Up here in Jay I only get an hour to e-mail. I will send you a letter. It might take me awhile but you will get one. As far as e-mailing goes, I can't wait to be transferred out of Jay. But the rest of Jay is okay.

Elder Forsberg