Week 15- Pensacola (E-mail to Dad)

Dear Dad,

Let me start off by saying zone conference DID NOT go the way I wanted it too. The mission office sent out a text saying zone conference was changed to a half hour early. So it was at 8:30 but did fox run get that text no. so we left our apartment at 8:28 the one of our zone leaders call us and ask why we were late. All I could think about is great the first meeting with the new mission president that I will have for the rest of my mission I am late for and it’s not even my fault. So we got there half way through the opening hymn. Then are the opening prayer president and sister Jensen got up to greet us which were awkward. But he is a really nice person I think he is going to be a good president.


So this week has been either hot or rainy. This week we walked 7 miles in 100 degree weather with 75% humidity. It was hot but we waved at every car the passed us.

So I am being transferred up to Jay. Jay is the biggest area in this zone but the activity up there is so that it only has one small branch. Jay is in the country so that means we are going to do a lot of walking in the highest heat of the summer. There is practically nothing up in Jay. They only have one food store that is not that cheap. The missionaries live in a dump of a trailer. My new companion is Elder Jones. My new address is 4065 hwy 4 apt A jay FL. 32565.


The fourth of July was fun. I forgot to put the Grilleys name on the dinner calendar so we went over for lunch and of course you could tell sister Grilley was a little bitter about it. Then we went over to the Schoovers. They had a family dinner. We played crokay. Brother Schoover (Sr.) really likes getting into those games. Then we went home because Pine Forest was coming over and I had to bake a funfetti cake. I made an American Flag on top by using M&M's.


Elder Packard is being a black ops missionary for the next transfer. A black ops missionary is a missionary who takes problem missionaries. The one he is getting has not been a good missionary from what I hear. To the extent he has went on dates and done other things with girls. He is so bad that Elder Packard is getting another companion to help him. So there will be 2 people to watch this one.

Mike just keeps cancelling to help his friends. So all I really can do is wish the tripheta (tri-fet-a) good luck.

So I am sending my journal home today, hopefully. Who all came to Kalen's party? What did they do?

Thank you for the package. I really enjoyed it.

Elder Forsberg

P.S. No we are told through e-mail. We look on a list that is e-mailed to us on Monday, then we look at it and my name was on it. I am going to Jay. Then on Wednesday of the week we leave to go to our new area.