Week 14- Pensacola (E-mail to Dad)

Dear Dad,


Here in Florida it has been 100 with 60-80% humidity. I am spending 8 hours a day in it. Yes, the dinner at the Grilley's went great. But then again there was someone who spoke Russian as a first language, so she was listening to him most of the time. Oh dad, go to pillowtie.com. You would be the envy of all the other high counselors.

You will all be in the OC? Great, 7 identical e-mails. I am looking forward to it. But I would like some pictures from that week sent through the real mail please. I bet it is but as a missionary, I don’t read the newspaper or watch the news so I really don’t know (oil spill on the Pensacola beaches). Pensacola is a naval base town. It is just far enough inland not be a beach town but just close enough to make it to the beach in like a hour. All the interesting things to do in Pensacola are way out of our area.

A family volunteered to bring us to an air show, but president Summerhay's said no. That same family said that they would take us out to have fun on the 4th of July, but it's on Sunday this year, so we can't really do anything. Dad I think Pensacola is bigger the Oregon City but it only have 3 really small wards. It should really be 2 wards but that's not my decision, unlike the 5 Oregon City wards. You haven't seen a small ward until you have been in the south. There are a lot in this Stake. Pine Forest, Fox Run, Pensacola, Milten, Jay, Naverre, Pace, and Perdido. We are in the Pensacola stake.


So this is going to be a new week of leadership. President Jensen starts today and Zone Conference is on Friday. Plus, we got a new Ward Mission leader yesterday. I think he is going to be a good one. The missionary work is going fine. I told you about the one investigator from Egypt.

Mike was really annoying me this week. He cancelled on us 5 times this week when we were at his door. Either he was taking a nap or not home. So Elder Packard and I decided that we are no longer going to meet at his house for a few reason.


1. We feel that he would feel the spirit better at the church and not the trash heap he calls his house.

2. We want him to want the lesson, so him driving to the church makes him do something.

3. We want him to place a bit more priority on the lessons because he was staying at his friends house to let a worker in because his friend is moving in. I just want to say, Mike can't you tell your friend that you need to be home at this time so he will have to watch his own house for awhile.


But Mike looked good at church. He shaved and brushed his hair. Now if we could only get him a haircut.

Elder Forsberg

P.S. So dad, are you going to buy one? Did your get my Father's Day card yet?