Week 12- Pensacola (E-mail to Mom)

Dear Mom,
The oil spill is bad. There are tar balls washing up on shore. People are making bank just for picking them up for $18.75 an hour. But the really bad stuff is not the oil, it is what was in the oil. The hard skin but you can't see it. I have had a pretty busy week with all the service. But the weather this week is has been high 90s with 50% if not more humidity. To put it simply (heat+humidity) +tracking+ service-shade and water= not a very happy Oregonian.
Aw. Frisbee is so cute when he does that. The Wagner's have a bichon but it’s a female. Much smaller and more fragile. Why does dad always have to show you up. So how are you going to make him go. Tell him you going out to dinner and drive him to the ER. You know you could send me some pictures of that. Just scan it into the computer. Speaking of computers, have you sent my memory card back yet? Because I haven't received it yet. I worry someone took it or it got lost in the mail. But I almost filled up my journal, so I will be sending it home soon. You and dad can get the whole story of my mission so far. Oh mom, this is very important. I will be getting a tube in a few days. Mom, DO NOT THROUGH AWAY THE TUBE! It is a mission thing so just save it for me.
Well, we aren't in the apartment we just can't be outside for long time. But yeah we can go to the mall. Mom don’t call president Summerhays but don’t call him after July 7th because the it will be president Jensen at the point. What is the program Brother Larsen has in mind. We have a ward mission leader but no ward missionaries Sometime it is hard working with the ward because the ward doesn’t work with you. The priesthood is weird down here. We made information sheet for the brethren to fill out so we could match investigator with fellow shipper more easily. We had out like 20 and got 8 back. It was a hard sheet. Take them 3 minutes to finish. And that probably how much we will have until I pass them out again. But then again the missionaries have been taken out of this ward because the ward wouldn’t help the missionaries. The ward mission leader is great very involved. What ward missionaries. This ward is so small we don’t have any. Some people have more then one calling. There is this one sister who haves four callings. But the bishopric is really have been really helpful. But the mission president has taken missionaries out of fox run because the ward wasn’t helping any.
I hate the summer right now I wash my face twice a day and I still brake out with pimples every day. And they hurt. We had to go give a blessing to some one in the hospital though we were giving the wrong last name. but we found the person. On the way out we stop by the gift shop and I bought a pen made from old mother boards and is computer chips. I got a very pretty card from Elise this week. It was a very funny card. And I knew she wrote it because it was in colored pencil and she spelled great “graet”. It was cute but I still don’t know why she sent me a card. But anyway I sent a letter back. Because the rule is you send a letter you get a letter.
Mike didn’t show up this week to church he is interesting because he will come to church but he wont read the chapter we give him which is weird it is usually the other way around. But he is coming along. He doesn’t know if the Mormon bible as he calls it is true yet. But he forgets to pray about it. He mostly prays for other people. Which is good but he with never know its true unless he prays for it. Well we do service for his father John Gunn and he said and I quote “well buddy I think I outta start coming to church because his mother and I have really notice a good change in mike”. So we mike start teaching him and maybe his wife. mom this is a good way to get in investigator ask your investigators. How was found John is because Mike try to cancel service for him because he had to help his father. Then we said we would help. And we have been doing service once a week for john ever since.
Well that all I did this week. Is hot but it is going to get hotter.
Elder Forsberg