Week 10- Pensacola (E-mail to Mom)

Dear Mom,
So transfers were last Wednesday. I am finally on my second transfer. We got 2 new elders in our zone. Elder Champman is Russian, but he is from Missouri and Elder Meyer is from West Linn, Oregon. We got another area in our district, Perdido (English). Elder Treasure and Elder Barlow are in that area. They seem really nice.
This week has been busy/boring because we have been doing a lot of service. Every time we try to go tracting it starts thundering and the mission rule states that if there is thunder, than all missionaries need to be outside as less as possible. Basically, we were stuck in a very small apartment, plus our recent convert is moving to Dolphin Island, Alabama so he will get new missionaries.
Ok, we helped this single sister move and it went really quickly. When we got there, it only took us about a half an hour to finish. Then we went to her storage unit and that only took us about a half an hour, then when went over to gulf breeze and unpacked her. That only took about 45 minutes, so it went really quickly .
Well, as for as my companion goes, it is ok. I am finding out we have very different views on things. For example, I was replying to Uncle Steve's letter. Elder Packard asked me what I was thinking about and I said I don't think I would like living in the country. I guess that was the wrong thing to say to him. He went on and on for an hour about how the country is so much better than the city and how it is such a magical place. He said we were having a conversation, but I maybe got a comment in every 7 minutes or so. He is so much about being a man it is annoying. To give you an example, he likes being a "man," like Taylor likes BYU football. He is a really good missionary and nothing I can't handle. How do I feel about my ever changing companion? I say bring it on. I will happily take on a new companion once or twice a transfer. Oh, and if you don't know how into football Taylor is, ask Toren.
You're sending the cd to me. Ok, but did you put them on the computer so you have a copy? MOM, I am your child, I should always get a letter from you. If you wish, you can always send me another packages instead of an e-mail.
I like the idea of a consistent teacher. If you are a really good teacher, you can teach the gospel and not try to prepare a lesson is 60 second or less. Plus, I think that if no one shows up for the class, you just go to Gospel Doctrine and save that lesson for next week. If there are no investigators or less actives or recent converts in the class and it just active members, then they can just go to the other class because there is no one who really needs more basic lessons. I am glad Brother Larson was called to be the Ward Mission Leader. We have a great Ward Mission Leader down here. For some reason I didn’t like Brother Lyman in that calling. This is really important to know if you are a Ward Mission Leader. You do not own the missionaries. The full time missionaries are there to aide the Ward Missionaries and to give a progress report of there people. I think Brother Larsen knows this, but we had a real problem with that in one of the areas down here.
Tj got his mission call? Which mission in Las Vegas? West, north, east, or central. Down here we have a person going to the Las Vegas West Mission, but he leaves on the 23 of June. His name is Abe Stephenson. That cool.
I have to say I felt bad when I read Grandpa's letter. It is not my fault that I can't read his hand writing. I suggested that you or Uncle Steve type it for him. I not sure how he is going to take it. I am happy to get letters. They don’t need to be hand written though.
It has been thundering all week. So week have done 45 minutes of tracting in a week. We don’t have a topic day week have a topical week. Which goes as fellows.
Tuesday
Personal study (then we should do companionship study but Elder Packard doesn’t want to, so we don't.)
Breakfast
Get dress into suits
Go to district meeting
Have district dinner (down here dinner means lunch)
Then we tract for about 2 hours
Then we go home for a hour
Less active work
Then dinner appointment if we have one

Thursday
Personal study
Breakfast
Go do service at the Dojo
Do weekly planning, which takes a total of 2 hours at least
Take lunch
Do service at John Gunn's
Do service at Mike Gunn's
Go home, take a shower
Then off to the Grilley's (the Grilley's feed us every Thursday)

Friday
All we basically have set in stone is lessons with Mike Gunn and basketball at night

Sunday
Go to PEC
Do some paper work
Church
Lunch
Personal study
Choirs practice
Dinner appointment
That’s my week.
Elder Forsberg