Week 26- Jay (E-mail to Barnett's)

Dear Maren,

You took second in the championship that is amazing since you had known time to practice. So how often go to the temple next time you go can you get me a picture of the Spokane temple I have gotten in to different temples since I have been on my mission? Yes missionaries are loud to go to the temple as long as it is on pday you don’t use your mission car and you have approval from your mission president and if has to be in your area or zone. But I will never be able to go to the temple on my mission. Because there is no temple here not even in Tallahassee. There has been talk of a Pensacola time but it is just talk right now.

Well, every transfer has a possibility of being transferred. We get to know Monday before transfers on Wednesday. So I don’t think I am getting transferred but only the mission president knows at this point. President Jensen likes keeping elders in the same area for a long time. I love jay. But I don’t want to spend my whole mission here.

Maren your present is in the mail I mailed it today so it will be late be it will get there. But if you want an extra long letter the I will do my best it will probably be there by late October or early November what I am busy. I told you about the car thing remember elder Jones put a dent in the bumper. But we still were really productive thanks to the members.

R.D. has been really busy so we haven’t invited him yet.

Maren you should be thrilled because I email you second to last best we first email at jay so when the computer kicked me off I went over and saw how Elder Newsom was doing but when I walked over this old man say hey Mormon. So I turn to him and said oh hi how you are? Then I introduced myself . then we talked it was every awkward. Because as soon as he said 4400 I knew he was a Jehovah's witness so we had a talk so I talk about the Book of Mormon a little bit but it was very awkward.

Well, with the apartment we decided we are not going to run away.and today I was backing the car up because the is part of having a car backing the driver up. And she pulled in and got out. So I just said hello and waved and she said hello then went in her apartment. So I think if we just say hello. She wont yell.

Well, this week we have been really busy so busy I don’t even think we tracted this week. Because of all the less active and investigators we needed to see.well I have sent my journal home if you are interested it should be there on Friday. We are teaching this family that has been burn by other Churches in the past but both the mother and the daughter really want to come to church. Vanessa (mom) we tracted in to her she said she has been praying for a church for her and her youngens. Katrine (21 daughter) well before we even met her she has read 40 page of the book of Mormon and want to come to church. Trevor (17 son). We really haven’t talked to him all that much but we had Zack (a priest) invited him to go to the halo 3 night they are having. And Katrine tells us that he is really excited to go.

Elder Mantei is a work in progress. Because he always complains that I don’t talk enough. But every time I try to talk decides he is not finished talking. And in the last week he has pick up something new. The 3 of us will be talking and I am saying something and he starts to talk over me. Its not like we are having a debate or anything just talking. It is really annoying. Elder Mantei is one transfer ahead of me.

So this last Sunday we all had an assignment elder Newsom gave a talk, I taught gospel principles I think my lesson went really well. And elder Mantei had to teach priesthood.

That my week

Elder Forsberg
P.S. sorry Maren i forgot to tell you about elder Pearson of the seventy. i did not care for him at all. if i knew what it was going to be like i would of decided no to go. so President and Sister Jensen gave a talk and it was good. The sister Pearson gave a talk and it left me inspired. Then Elder Pearson gave his presentation. And it sucked. most of the talk you just felt like you were being yelled at. We was saying some really good things to improve on but like a crazy person he talk really fast and changed topic every 5 minutes. A good speak will pause after every point for those who wish to take note. I stopped trying to take notes because every I tried I would miss something. He talked for 2, 2 hours blocks. My mind was fried after that. He said that he was a mission president and I just kept on thinking wow if he was my mission president I would go home a reapply. He was a CEO I have found that they are very spiritual but emotionally cold. The most poetic way of saying it is I was hit with a wave of bluntness and drowning in a ocean of knowledge. And he was so confusing he sent 10 minutes on numbers. “elder you need to have high numbers set high goal for fill high goals” then at the end of his rant he said “now elders its not about the numbers its about the doctrine”. Which just left you saying WHAT?

So yeah that’s how that went.